I hope everyone’s had a fabulous holiday break so far! I’ve been horribly scarce with comments and replies this week, but in between being sick and holiday busy, I just couldn’t bring myself to getting much stuff done on the blog. Hopefully by next week things will get back to normal!
For now, I did promise an end-of-year book survey!
I thought this was a pretty comprehensive and fun survey to do at the end of the year, and since likely I won’t have finished any more books (save two, probably) by 2015, I figure it was time to fill this out now. Big thanks to Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner for hosting this, because it totally saved me time coming up with topics of my own in my sloth-induced holidays XD.
2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books Read: 74 (tentative 76)
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read in 2015?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
To say I was disappointed might be a gross understatement.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I did not think I would enjoy this book as much as I did, to be honest.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Well, admittedly Carry On is a new addition that I’ve been pushing people to read, so I’m not sure who’s gone off and done that yet.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best Series Started in 2015:
Best Sequel Started in 2015:
Best Series Ender in 2015:
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
I loved both UK and US covers for these books, so there.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Because “if he weren’t a vampire, Baz’d be bloody perfect.”
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“I let myself slip away… Just to stay sane. Just to get through it. And when I felt myself slipping too far, I held on to the one thing I’m always sure of – Blue eyes. Bronze curls. The fact that Simon Snow is the most powerful magician alive. That nothing can hurt him, not even me.
That Simon Snow is alive.
And I’m hopelessly in love with him.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
(at over 1,300 pages long!)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Since when has Brandon Sanderson ever failed in the shocking department?
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
SIMON SNOW AND TYRANNUS BASILTON GRIMM-PITCH
(Carry On by Rainbow Rowell)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
BRIAR AND ZEKE
(Boneshaker by Cherie Priest)
Because mother-son relationships are awesome, too.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Um. What was I talking about again? I got distracted by piercing eyes and dark hair. Oh, right. The Darkling FTW >_>.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I say hidden gem, because it’s downplayed on this list, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less great as the books I’ve listed, favorite-wise.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Because suffering character losses broke my heart several times in this book. Ugh.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Admittedly, this book was strangely, yet beautifully, written.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I don’t often get mad at books when they’re GOOD, so usually all my frustrations happen along the lines of how much I dislike characters. This particular book being one of them.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
She’s just fun to follow, and her graphics are fantabulous!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Not so much a blogging “moment,” but getting feedback and reading reviews of what people thought about my most recent short stories is always a momentous occasion. (Considering I haven’t submitted anything lately for next year, I call 2015 a big accomplishment).
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Pacing myself between work, reading, writing, and the other things I tend to do.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I don’t see this tag often, and I love looking at other people’s OTPs, lol.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Completed my Goodreads goal of reading 52 books this year. Which means I’m going to have to up the ante again…
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
*snorts* Just about half of my reading challenge books. But a number one priority would be:
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Just…that cover is gorgeous. Also, more Mercy plsthx!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Actually finish a 25 reads project.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Er, I’ve been pretty bad with going through my list of ARCs for 2016, since I’m behind on the ones for 2015. Sigh. Of the upcoming 2016 ARCs, The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary was at best three/three-and-a-half stars, so maybe worth the read. Plus, the cover is pretty fantastic.
Until next year! 😀