I haven’t done one of these in a while, but since I do have a backlog of posts to get through, I figured now was a good time to do this! Christina at The Bookshelf Corner was kind enough to tag me for this, which is pretty cool! The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma.
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them **
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
** Make note that I’m kind of a rule-breaker, so…
These Three Things
- I love traveling and would go around the world if I could.
- I have an eclectic search history, but I suppose that goes under the territory of writing a steampunk novel.
- I have decided that this year, my Halloween costume will be No-Face.
- What are you currently reading?
Several things, because why not. Portal of a Thousand Worlds by Dave Duncan, which I’ve put on temporary hold because of the other things I want to finish. Like Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor, which is a little painful to read because KAROU AND AKIVA GET BACK TOGETHER ALREADY PLSTHX. Oh, and Arabian Nights, selected tales translated by Richard Francis Burton. I’m also going to re-read The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh soon.
- What has been your favorite book read so far of 2017 and why?
Ugh. God. This is such a loaded question. I loved a lot of the books I’d read this year. I suppose it’ll have to be A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. Because hell yes to that book.
- What new book(s) are you looking forward to being released later this year (if applicable)?
The downside with having gone to BookCon is that I’m now aware of SO MANY books that are coming out and want each and every one of them! The Because You Love to Hate Me anthology just came out today, which I want. I’d love to finally get a copy of Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater looks really good, and because it’s Marissa Meyer, I also want Renegades.
- If your bookshelf could talk, what would it say? (the weird-ish question)
“Reorganize me already!” Yeah, I’m due for fixing my bookshelf up again…
- What book series would you like to see turned into a TV series or movie?
A whole lot. I’d love to see Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson on screen. The Shades of Magic series by Schwab, the Lunar Chronicles by M. Meyer would totally be an animated series and I’d watch the hell out of that. I also wouldn’t mind watching a live action serial of anything Patricia Briggs came up with. Mostly because werewolves.
Uh. I suppose shoutout to my Food and Fandom page because it’s always my favorite post when I talk about food?
- Totally throwing Meg @ La Foi Aveugle under the bus for this one specifically.
- And YOU. Or anyone else who’d like to respond to these possibly riveting questions. XD
- What book are you adamant on reading this year, if nothing else?
- If you had to listen to an audiobook instead of read a book, who would your dream voice narrator be?
- What actor/actress would you see playing your fictional crush, provided the book becomes a movie/show?
- Which of your favorite fictional characters would make excellent space pirates? And it does NOT count if they’re already space pirates.
- Dragon or unicorn?